Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 is in the books!

What an awesome Thanksgiving we had! My mom drove in from San Antonio to eat with us, and we had a TON of food!


I'm still stuffed!! The $0.28 Ham was a hit, and it turned out fantastic. I added some brown sugar, cracked pepper, and salt to it. Yum! Saturday night we also had our annual "Friends Thanksgiving", at our pals Kyle and Ashley's. I actually bought a second ham the day I found ours, so we took it on over. We also made an amazing creation. Candied yams with the traditional marshmallow topping, but we added a little something extra. BACON!! Yes! It was a total success, and John and Kyle were scraping the mallows and bacon off of the top and just eating that!! We have decided that in the near future we will be doing a iron chef style potluck, secret ingredient.....bacon!!

I have to admit, I put my balcony Christmas lights up a tad early this year. Like as soon as it got dark on Thanksgiving night. I'm totally ready for Christmas. I am scared that Jp will attack the tree though. In fact I KNOW he will! He is a tiny mad man at times, and I know the ornaments will insight some sort of rage in him. He has my strong sense of determination, and when he sees something he wants, he goes for it with reckless abandon. It will be a miracle if we make it through the season without our tree crashing to the ground. But I guess that's all in the fun of being a parent, and it will definitely make for a great photo op! We are going to tackle putting up the tree today, but I will be gradually decorating it, in hopes that I can keep a few ornaments out of little mans hands!

I LOVE Christmas, and I can't wait to get the house all decorated and smelling like pine trees!

XoXo
-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment